7 Day Tamarindo Surf & Adventure
Want to improve your surfing dramatically in a week and still have time to explore Costa Rica? This is the perfect option for travelers that want to learn to surf and still relax and have some adventure! Great for Beginner or Intermediate.
You can improve your surfing dramatically in a week! This is the perfect option for anyone that wants to learn to surf in one of the best surf locations in Costa Rica, and you are still able to explore other parts of the country!
The Surf Adventure of a Lifetime
- 5 Surf Lessons
- 1 Surf Trip to Avellanas Beach
- Guachipelin Adventure Volcano Combo
- Sunset Cruise
- 2 Hour ATV Mountain Tour
- T Shirt
- 7 Breakfasts & Lunch
- Free Surfboard & Rashguard Use
- Surf Photo Package
- Accommodations at La Oveja Negra Surf Club optional
- No more than 4 students per instructor
- 10% Discount on everything at our Bar & Restaurant
BASE PRICE: $699 per person
Add dorm or cabina
DORM 7 Nights $105/per person
CABINA 1-2 people 7 Nights – $490
- Round Trip LIR Shuttle: $60/person
- Dinner Plan $105/person
- Sunday Funday Beach and Pool Crawl $40/person
Surf Lessons in Tamarindo
Tamarindo, Costa Rica is a world renowned surf location, made famous for the movie The Endless Summer. There are almost always great waves, but not too big, perfect for learning to surf. Whether this is your first time on a surfboard or you have some experience and want to work on your technique, our lessons are guaranteed to improve your skills. Our 2 hour lessons are taught by locals that have been surfing in Costa Rica for nearly their entire lives, so you will get the best insight there is in Tamarindo.
We will customize your Tamarindo surf lessons based on your current skill level focusing on the following techniques:
- Popping up
- Board Position
- Reading Waves
Guaranteed to improve your surfing skills!
- What to Bring: bathing suit, towel, sunscreen
- Lesson Duration: 2 hours
- Lessons Include: Surfboard, Rashguard, Water, Bilingual Surf instructor
Surf Lesson times are dependent on the high tide, you finalized itinerary with where to be, when, an what to bring will be sent to you one week before your arrival
- Arrival to La Oveja Negra Surf Camp – Welcome Drink!
Given Surf Manual
- Surf Lesson – review surf basics such as paddling, popping up, and stance. Assessment of current surf abillity to create a custom surf lesson plan.
- Guachipelin Adventure Volcano Combo – ziplining, river tubing, horseback riding, buffet lunch, hot springs, mud bath – 6:30 am – 6:30 pm
- Surf Lesson – Improving on the basics (popping up, paddling, stance) and introduction to reading waves.
- Surf Lesson – Learning to read waves and be able to paddle into them effectively. Stance, board position and balance improved. Intro to surf etiquette and safety.
- Sunset Cruise – open bar, food, music, snorkeling – 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Surf Trip to Avellanas with Lesson and Professional Surf Photos – Check out a more intermediate surf spot in Guanacaste and put everything you’ve learned into practice on some bigger waves.
- Surf Lesson – Practice reading waves and taking them on your own, with the support and guidance of your instructor, as well as an introdcution to turning on waves.
- 2 Hour ATV Mountain Tour
- Lunch or Dinner
- Not recommended for people with back problems or serious medical issues
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Bring plenty of sunscreen
- Your surf lesson times depend on the tide and will be sent to you upon confirmation
- Hotel accommodations optional and are based on availability.
- You may cancel free of charge up to 7 Days before start of a tour package
Optional Accommodations – La Oveja Negra Surf Club
Shared Dorm with Shared Bathroom
Private Room with Private Bathroom
To book your accommodations with your surf camp, please buy the surf camp and note how many nights of which room type you would like to book and we will send you an invoice and room confirmation.